Please find below the full terms and conditions for our dance classes, when you enrol yourself or your child with us you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below, including our refund and cancellation policies.
Parents & Pupils Responsibilities
1. All parents/guardians and pupils will respect and cooperate with all teacher instructions and decisions.
2. All parents/guardians and pupils will respect others in the class regardless of gender, culture, religion or ability.
3. Pupils are to arrive 5 - 10 minutes prior to their class, enter quietly so as not to disturb the previous class and be ready to begin their own class at the given start time.
4. If your child is more than 15 minutes late they may not be permitted in the class.
5. No parent or guardian is permitted to sit in on any class unless otherwise authorised by the instructor.
6. Pupils are asked to wear appropriate clothing for class, this includes our Branded T-shirt. No other performing art school uniform or branded kit is accepted as correct uniform, and must not be worn to any of simply dance classes.
7. For safety reasons pupils must not wear any jewellery during class time, for those with pierced ears, stud earrings only are permitted.
8. Pupils are encouraged to bring a bottle of water to each class, opportunities for a drink will be provided by the teacher/ instructor.
9. No food/chewing gum/coloured drinks are permitted in the studio.
10. Clean shoes must be worn at all times when entering the studio space.
11. In the unlikely event of an emergency, Simply Dance Management hold up to date training and current policy's to abide to should emergency services or evacuation of any sort occur.
11. All pupils under age of 16 MUST stay within the premises until collected by a parent/guardian unless written consent is given to walk home/leave the premises. Children will NOT be dismissed outside the building.
12. In the event of an absence, please notify Simply Dance via phone call or text message prior to the class time.
13. All teachers and instructors that work for Simply Dance hold enhanced DBS and are Safeguarding certified through Nottinghamshire County Council.
14. All Teachers and instructors have the relevant qualifications or professional experience in their specific subject area.
15. All students are encouraged by our teachers to share ideas, practise and work solo and in groups to all aid in building social experience, self-confidence and variety.
16. Classes are carried out in a safe, controlled, fun and productive environment.
17. Classes are controlled and monitored at all times. Should any student be upset or unhappy, it is important that the tutor is informed as soon as possible so that the issue can be resolved. Otherwise Simply Dance cannot be held responsible for any repercussions afterwards that may occur.
18. Any situation and concern raised or noticed by the Simply Dance team will be handled with privacy and care. Should any situation require further assistance such as social services or emergency service we have a duty of care for all our students and the correct authorities will be informed to resolve the matter.
19. On joining a small joining fee is charged this fee is to secure the students' space in our sessions and also provides the Simply Dance t-shirt to wear to class.
20. All joining fees are none refundable once paid, this fee covers administration and print costs.
21. Fees are due on a monthly standing order, prices are given on set up. ( the monthly fee is worked out over 42 classes held per year and divided by 12 months, this ensures the monthly cost is the same from month to month. It does mean that payments are due EVERY MONTH of the year)
22. A sibling discount of 10% is given to those who have two or more children taking part in any of our classes from the same family.
23. If payments are more than 1 week late you will not be permitted into class, and a late payment fee will be charged of £40.
24. Fees paid in advance are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
25. Fees must be paid in full regardless of missing sessions or holidays as this is a membership.
26. IN ORDER TO CANCEL A STUDENTS PLACE WITH US WE MUST RECEIVE 4 WEEKS NOTICE ALONG WITH A MONTHS PAYMENT, STUDENTS ARE STILL ABLE TO ATTEND CLASSES DURING THIS MONTH AND NOTICE MUST BE GIVEN BY EMAIL, TEXT OR PHONE CALL. CANCELLATION OF YOUR DIRECT DEBIT WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE WILL RESULT IN A CANCELLATION FEE OF £40.00.
27. All monthly payments are to be set up via standing order or direct debit for the 1st of EVERY month.
28. Failure to cooperate and missed payments will result in termination of membership with no notice period.
29. All student and parent information in relation to classes is uploaded onto our parent login via our website www.simplydancenottingham.co.uk. Password access can be given to you via our Simply Dance Team. All parents/ guardians are required to take responsibility to check and read any information given. This portal makes this more accessible.
30. Should any student leave and decide to return to simply dance a new joining fee will be payable.
Shows and Events Refund Policy
31. Tickets purchased in advance are non-refundable and non-transferrable ( in less in extreme circumstances)
32. Tickets for events are paid in advance and not on the door.
33. Show ticket prices may vary.
Photos and Video
34. Enrolling in our classes you are giving permission (unless otherwise) for the external use of photographic and video materials, you are consenting to the following:
Simply Dance Nottingham DVD’s & Photographs and Publicity. We use photographs of pupils and classes within our website, social media & advertising posters to give a true vision of Simply Dance and what we offer. A true reflection of the work and activities we undergo. By signing the enrolment form you are giving full permission for this. Any problems or issues please speak to a member of our team.
It is the right of the Simply Dance management to cease tuition for individuals who do not adhere to the above Policies.
Last reviewed: 5 November 2018